How does Indigenous art making change our perception?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Missy Whiteman 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

From the moment we are born into this world, our brains create micro electromagnetic pathways depending upon our body chemistry, environment, language, and every other unique factor to our lives. When we become adults, those pathways become more locked into the pathways that have been created. This is similar to when a Word document is created into a PDF file. But, there’s software to make a PDF back into a word document. You just need to know who to ask and how to access it. This is the same with our neuro pathways. We can soften these pathways so that we can receive new information. Art is a way to soften those pathways. What are your thoughts on the power of artistic expression?

Missy Whiteman
    Participant

For me, the artistic process is a way of life that encompasses everything that I do. Having a vision and following the steps to completion of projects have taught me much about follow through despite obstacles. Art teaches us how to find creative solutions, not necessarily by thinking or using our brainpower, but by allowing what we are manifesting to take the lead though intuition.
    We can creating powerful and meaningful art, by simply listening to our hearts and what the unseen would like for us to convey.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.