Brook LaFloe posted an update 3 weeks, 5 days ago
There is a full time home visitor position posted for the Family Spirit program through the Southside Family Nurturing Center. I am pasting details below:
Southside Family Nurturing Center
2448 18th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Our mission: “Together with families and community, we nurture children, build on family strengths, and find alternatives to violence.”
Southside Family Nurturing Center(SSFNC) is a holistic social service agency with over 40 years of experience serving families at risk in the East Phillips and surrounding communities in South Minneapolis. We deliver half-day therapeutic early childhood education and home visiting services to 24-30 income eligible families. Parents periodically engage with their child in the classroom, receive intensive home visiting services to help strengthen parenting skills and to deepen parent/child attachment. Our therapeutic preschool nurtures children’s early brain development by providing a safe and nurturing place to develop the social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills necessary for kindergarten and life. Our therapeutic model includes: Very low child to teacher ratios, and speech, occupational, play, and music therapies. All program services, including meals and transportation, are provided free of charge. Families participate in our services voluntarily.
Primary Home Visitor Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver on-going targeted home visiting services to 10-12 families utilizing the Family Spirit Home Visiting Model.
• Provide culturally relevant services to American Indian, African Immigrant & Latinx families
• Maintain regular/weekly contact with families via phone, regular home visits, and bi-monthly SSFNC hosted family events,
• Provide families informal counseling, crisis intervention, resources and referrals, and parent education.
• Advocate with and for parent/caregivers to reach their self-defined goals.
• Provide families transportation to appointments as requested and able.
• Facilitate positive parent-child interactions and nurture attachment relationships.
• Complete twice-yearly parenting skills and family stability assessments. Use these assessments to inform family goal planning, in conjunction with the family and other team members.
• Work with team members to complete twice-yearly Family Reviews. This is a collaborative role with the family in the “driver’s seat.”
• Complete and file case notes in a timely fashion and accurately record interactions with families.
• Engage in weekly reflective supervision with the Program Director.
• Team with Family Specialists, Lead Teachers, and the Program Director in planning and facilitating twice-monthly Family Events at Southside Family Nurturing Center.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
• At least 18 years of age
• Valid driver’s license, reliable personal vehicle, and proof of insurance
• Two year Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Nursing, Psychology, Parent Education, or Human Services preferred
• Two or more years of experience as a home visitor or parent educator
• Knowledge of trauma-informed care and how trauma history impacts individual and family safety and stability.
• In an effort to prioritize culturally relevant support to families in the Phillips and surrounding communities, qualified job candidates with roots in the American Indian community are strongly encouraged to apply.
• CPR, First Aid, and Child Passenger Safety certified preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, sit, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
We seek to reflect the diversity of the Phillips neighborhood in our staff.
This position is eligible for a generous benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, and PTO.
How to Apply: This is a full time 1.0 FTE position offering a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Jennie Bridges, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org